Greetings! Welcome to Braes Retreat.
Please make yourselves at home and remember that we are only next door if you have any questions or there is anything you need at all – just knock.
The garden is yours too, so feel free to explore. Following the path through the gate at the bottom of the garden and past the chickens will take you on to the croft where our sheep live, from where you can access the two small hills, Tòrr Mòr & Tòrr Beag, Balmeanach Bay and the beach at the mouth of Loch Sligachan.
We moved to the Isle of Skye in the summer of 2013, having visited for many years and have strong connections that go back generations. So if you need ideas or want to talk through your plans, do ask. Maps are available in the let and we have midge nets if you wish to borrow these, as well as more bird and flower guides to identify your latest sightings.
Please use the iPad-manual where we include brief information to help make your stay as comfortable as possible including use of the wood burning stove, central heating, waste & WIFI as well as suggestions of places you may wish to visit. We hope that by using the iPad information on Skye is up to date and easily accessible (but please don’t tinker with the settings!)
If you are looking for good places to eat let us know and we will be happy to advise; many of the best restaurants get booked up on Skye and it’s advisable to contact the restaurant in advance to check opening times and reservation arrangements.
If you have any problems, please let us know so we can resolve them.
Finally and most importantly, enjoy the peace and calm, the hills, the sea, the weather, the dark night skies… We hope you have a wonderful stay.
Iain, Ingrid, Elsa & Jos
If you think there is any risk you have Covid-19 please do not travel. We will refund you without question or rearrange alternative dates.
Our cleaning regime
To reassure you that we are taking reasonable steps to keep you safe, this is what we have done before you arrived:
1. Fully ventilated the apartment during changeover day.
2. All areas of the apartment are thoroughly cleaned, including sweeping, vacuuming, wiping with soapy water, washing linen and removing rubbish.
3. The apartment is then sanitised with a disinfectant, paying particular attention to high-touch surfaces and allowed to air-dry.
4. All bedding, including actual pillows, duvet and blanket are completely changed.
5. All kitchen items are washed.
Staying at Braes Retreat
• We have taken you all reasonable steps to prepare Braes Retreat so that you can stay here safely. As a self-catering facility we ask that you also play your part.
• Hand sanitiser is provided. Please use it whilst you are staying with us.
• We are happy to help – so please call or knock if you have any questions at all. What’s App is fine too.
• If you believe you have been exposed to, or are ill with Covid-19 (headache, temperature, fever, new cough, loss of smell or taste) call the health service on 111. Advise us too so that we can keep each other safe. It is better that we know and be assured we would not ask you to leave.
When you leave Braes Retreat
• Cleaning products are provided. Please ensure you leave Braes Retreat as you found it. We deep clean and sanitise after you have left, however we will change an additional £50 cleaning fee if Braes Retreat is unclean.
• Two laundry bags are in the cupboard above the stairs-the cupboard isn’t locked! We would be very grateful if you could help us by placing the all the bedsheets and pillow covers in one bag and the towels, bathmat, pillow, mattress protector and tea towels in the second bag provided.
• Do not leave food in the fridge or worktops when you leave.
• Put your rubbish and recycling in the waste disposal bins outside.
• Do all your washing up.
• Leave all windows and the door wide open to air the apartment.
• We will keep your contact details in case we to get hold of you for the purposes of Test and Protect.